L&D Operations Specialist EMEA
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology is the people that make Uber - well, Uber. Maintaining a world class global workforce that thirsts for knowledge is no small task. Uber's People Development team is focused on launching, developing and empowering employees through world class development programs that are as innovative and scalable as Uber itself.
Successful candidates will be passionate about supporting people in ways that help the business be successful. You love learning, working with people from around the world, planning large events, digging into data, and can't get enough of the details. If you like to move fast, be creative, and break down barriers, this role is for you!
The L&D Operations Specialist EMEA is a newly created role based in the Amsterdam HQ. Existing local work permit required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Coordinate and enhance all People Development programs in EMEA - from new hire training through manager development and wellbeing programs, to virtual learning initiatives.
- Run admin and logistics for programs and events involving participants from international locations.
- Provide support for Uber's learners around the region - whether they are traveling or learning from their home office.
- Create and maintain learning content across multiple mediums.
- Manage learning systems, such as a learning management system and other enrollment tools
- Measure and track KPIs for people development programs.
- Gather and analyze feedback from learners.
- Lead some instructional design initiatives.
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Organized. You have superior organizational and administrative skills, and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Self-driven. You follow through on all tasks with integrity.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Knowledgeable. You have experience and knowledge of adult learning and people development areas (e.g., needs analysis and evaluation).
- Tech-savvy. You know how to navigate through systems and tools, and constantly find ways to make tasks more efficient.
- Project manager. Proven experience of coordinating multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're a quick learner and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business.
- Bias for action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship based organization.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in Learning & Development, adult learning, project management, organization development, instructional design, or other related field.
- Experience coordinating large multi-day events with various moving parts and players.
- Experience developing learning content and materials.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top