L&D Onboarding Program Manager EMEA
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology is the people that make Uber - well, Uber. Maintaining a world class global workforce that thirsts for knowledge is no small task. Uber's People Development team is focused on launching, developing and empowering employees through world class development programs that are as innovative and scalable as Uber itself.
Successful candidates will be passionate about supporting people in ways that help the business be successful. You love learning, working with people from around the world, designing and delivering skills development programmes, digging into data, and can't get enough of the details. If you like to move fast, be creative, and break down barriers, this role is for you!
The role is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Engage with the EMEA business to surface, understand, and align its priority goals in the employee onboarding space.
- Coordinate all end-to-end logistics of our brand-new EMEA Launchpad programme, from running basic event logistics (i.e. booking rooms, liaising with IT, owning the RSVP process, etc.) to engaging with key stakeholders in the areas of content creation, delivery and assessment of the programme's impact on the business.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to set and maintain global standards of employees' first-year experience, in sync with the Uberversity team and other task forces/functions working on employee onboarding.
- Proactively incorporate automation and programme improvement processes with a view towards scaling the regular (monthly) delivery of the EMEA onboarding program.
- Support other EMEA L&D programmes across other areas as the business needs arise.
- You will ensure training materials created by the global teams are fit for purpose in EMEA and adjust where needed
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Organized. You have superior organizational skills, and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Confident in influencing stakeholders to submit their deliverables in a timely and quality-enhancing fashion.
- Self-driven. You follow through on all tasks with integrity.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Tech-savvy. You know how to navigate through systems and tools, and constantly find ways to make tasks more efficient.
- Project manager. Proven experience of coordinating multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're a quick learner and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business.
- Bias for action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship based organization.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience in Learning & Development, skills-development consultancy, adult learning, Human Resources coordination, instructional design, and/or other related field.
- Experience coordinating large multi-day events with various moving parts and players.
- Strong background facilitating and delivering training sessions.
- Fluency in English, additional languages relevant to the role would be advantageous
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top