L&D Business Partner EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology is the people that make Uber - well, Uber. Maintaining an extraordinary global workforce that thirsts for knowledge is no small task. Uber's People Development team is focused on launching, developing and empowering employees through world class development programs that are as innovative and scalable as Uber itself.
Successful candidates will be passionate about supporting people in ways that help the business be successful. You love learning, working with people from around the world, designing and delivering skills development programmes, digging into data, and can't get enough of the details. If you like to move fast, be creative, and break down barriers, this role is for you!
The role is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
What you'll do:
- Engage with the EMEA business to surface, understand, and align its priority goals with solid learning objectives and results.
- Drive TNAs (Training Needs Analyses) and lead the end-to-end instructional design of L&D solutions to support a wide range of internal client groups across the region.
- Coordinate, deliver and measure the impact of learning experiences for multicultural audiences at different levels of seniority in diverse EMEA markets on a regular basis as the core component of your job.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to set and maintain standards of L&D domain expertise across a breadth of practice areas, including but not limited to skills development, teamwork, leadership, change management, mentoring, coaching and onboarding.
- Coordinate and enhance People Development programmes in EMEA - from new hire training through manager development and wellbeing programs, to virtual learning initiatives.
- Create and maintain learning content across multiple mediums, including LMS and other learning platforms.
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Confident speaking in front of crowds and facilitating group learning processes.
- Organized. You have excellent organizational skills, and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Self-driven. You follow through on all tasks with integrity.
- Knowledgeable on adult learning theory and applied education methodologies. You thrive in a dynamic, corporate environment where emerging learning needs will require you to design, execute and evaluate new content and developmental experiences on a regular basis without dropping the quality bar.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, very creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Tech-savvy. You know how to navigate through systems and tools, and constantly find ways to make tasks more efficient.
- Project manager. Proven experience of coordinating multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone and in front of a crowd; you're flexible, daring, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're a quick learner and willing to help out wherever needed.
- Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business.
- Bias for action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship based organization.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years experience in Learning & Development, skills-development consultancy, change management, adult learning, organizational development, instructional design, and/or other related field.
- Experience coordinating large multi-day events with various moving parts and players.
- Strong background as an LDBP practitioner developing learning content and materials across different areas/industries (L&D portfolio preferable).
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Salary and compensation based on experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top