Law Enforcement Outreach Lead, Sub Saharan Africa
Uber is a Series F venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
Uber Technologies is an incredible company, shattering the status quo and expanding to new markets across the world. As a result we are faced with new and interesting situations many companies have never encountered. If you are a critically thinking individual and consider yourself to be a super-sleuth, then we would like to put you to work. This is your chance to roll up your sleeves and solve complex problems on a global basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help build and lead Uber’s Outreach and Investigation function throughout Sub Sararan Africa.
- Liaison with Law Enforcement to promote the safety of our drivers and riders.
- Develop strong relationships with domestic and international law enforcement and government counterparts, as well as private sector peers.
- Investigate possible violations of Uber employee and partner policies, Codes of Conduct or other business conditions.
- Partner with other members of the business to identify, assess, and react to abuse scenarios.
- Manage vendors and coordinate all global investigative activity.
- Produce reports which are well-written, accurate, concise, and objective.
- Review investigation case reports and determine logical next steps.
- Provide case updates to company and outside counsel.
- Travel on cases as needed (Global travel for more than 10 days at a time is a possibility).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 6+ years of relevant Law Enforcement experience.
- Experience in communicating findings orally and in written products
- Ability to make recommendations to prevent future security vulnerabilities
- Ability to assess cybersecurity incidents and determine next logical steps
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative in exploring technical topics
- Law degree or master’s degree preferred
- Global investigation experience a plus
- Employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity; As an early member of our global operations team you’ll help shape the direction of the company
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top