Law Enforcement Outreach Lead - Malaysia
About the Job
Uber Technologies is an incredible company, shattering the status quo and expanding to new markets across the world. As a result, we are faced with new and interesting situations many companies have never encountered. We are currently creating the world's most extensive and responsive Law Enforcement (LE) Outreach Program that is capable of keeping up with our global growth. If you have law enforcement experience, an outsized sense of hustle and purpose, and are a strategic and critical thinker then we would like to put you to work. This is your chance to roll up your sleeves and build something unique.
What you'll do
- Build out a premier LE Outreach and Engagement program across Malaysia. Be a hustling multi-tasker that is just as comfortable operating independently as part of a team.
- Liaison with LE to promote the safety of all of our users, developing and maintaining strong relationships at local, municipal, and national levels as well as with private sector peers.
- Work closely with internal business customers across the region to understand their challenges and innovate creative solutions in line with our global strategy.
- Partner with other members of the business to identify, assess, and react to investigative needs surrounding fraud, abuse, or any technical crimes.
- Produce reports which are well-written, accurate, concise, and objective.
- Provide updates to internal partners as necessary.
- Travel as needed.
What you'll need
- 6+ years of Law Enforcement experience.
- An existing network of LE contacts that you can tap into, specific to the Asia Pacific region.
- Hustle! You will be building from scratch and you need to be ready to work hard to make it happen.
- You need to excel independently and as part of a broader team and mission. No exceptions.
- Multi-faceted. While networking and triaging incidents will be your primary duties, you should also be able to preliminarily assess cybersecurity and technical incidents and figure out logical next steps.
- Experienced and proficient at presenting your thoughts, work, and findings orally and in written products.
- Global investigative experience is a plus. Proficiency in at least 2 languages in addition to english (Malay : Bahasa Malaysia)
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top