Launch and Incubation Manager - Community Operations
LAUNCH AND INCUBATION SPECIALIST/MANAGER
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 55+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
At Uber, providing world class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists. Those who join our team are passionate about solving once in a lifetime challenges and are strong advocates for our community of riders and partners.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re seeking a Launch Specialist to join our EMEA Community Operations team to drive the launch of new products, services and initiatives to redefine how we serve and engage with our community of riders and partners. This role calls for a rare combination of strategic vision, operational know-how, analytical horsepower, and the inter-personal ability to lead complex projects across a large and diverse region.
As a Launch Specialist you’ll identify, scope and drive implementation for new support and service initiatives across EMEA Community Operations. You’ll work directly with cross-functional stakeholders in City Operations, Safety, Fraud and Finance as as well as teams within Community Operations (RCOs, Training & Quality, Strategy & Planning) to drive the launch, incubation and operationalization of products, build a consistent support methodology for launching new products at scale, and develop support playbooks. You will understand support challenges, influence change and drive any necessary trade-off decisions, while advocating for the needs for Community Operations to support all of our products and users successfully.
This is an intense business-side startup role- you will work with EMEA operations teams along with HQ-based engineering, product, and process teams to launch and localize new lines of business and identify opportunities to disrupt existing operational processes. Successful candidates for this role will be incredibly passionate about improving the community support experience for our users and dedicated to consistently iterating in pursuit of excellence.
WHAT YOU’ll DO
- Vision: Provide thought leadership to help shape the next iteration of Community Operations. Identify experimental opportunities for new support and service programs with a focus on driving significant business or revenue growth.
- Scale: Identify scaled opportunities to help test and implement the solutions that will make existing support operations exponentially more successful and/or help to drive outsized efficiency or effectiveness gains.
- Program/Project Management: Directly manage and deliver large projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams to problem solve and develop solutions. Manage the operational rollout of product, workflow and policy changes that affect the Community Operations organization.
- Insights: Evaluate the impact of programs and derive insights by structuring and executing analyses involving multiple sources of data.
- Build relationships: Communicate effectively with cross-functional and CommOps leadership to provide timely updates on roadmap and projects. Ensure the right level of tracking and transparency on key milestones.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE
- Strong Customer/Operations Focus: You are passionate about our community of riders and partners and committed to finding creative ways to continually redefine and optimize our operations and support processes.
- Program/Process Management Mastery: You’re a structured thinker with a track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner. You have the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a warp-speed environment.
- Polymath Skill Set: You have a rare mix of strategic thinking and get sh*t done attitude- you can identify opportunities to help drive our next $1B business, improve existing operations AND have the skills necessary to implement them across a global network. This isn’t about delivering presentations, it’s about delivering IMPACT.
- Hustle: You thrive in an ambiguous environment- you demonstrate problem-solving leadership and operate with limited oversight anticipating needs and potential roadblocks and addressing them.
- Exceptional Communication Skills: You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights across a variety of audiences and skill-sets. You know the right way to communicate information (Presentations, Emails, Meetings) and can leverage each channel flawlessly.
- Integrity: You’re a candid, straight-shooter who calls it like you see it (with data to back it up). You act with professionalism and exemplify honesty and integrity. You’re ambitious and celebrate your success, but are committed to the success of your teammates even more.
- Analytical Horsepower: You are analytical and strategic. You have a pragmatic sense of the right questions to ask and how to get things done without “boiling the ocean.” Expert-level experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R) is a plus.
- Regional Expertise: Deep understanding of the regulatory, operational and linguistic complexities of the EMEA region. You understand why solutions that work for our French riders may not resonate with users in Johannesburg or Moscow.
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to operational processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top