L2 Service Desk Technician - LATAM
Uber has already made more than 250 cities around the world better places to live and work by providing superior transportation choices and greater economic opportunity, but this is just the beginning. We are looking for top Service Desk talent to provide concierge level support to help Uber employees reach the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Primary escalation point for the frontline support team via chat, onsite, or ticketing
● In collaboration with team members and IT leadership, implement great support
processes, procedures, and documentation
● Deploy automated, self service capabilities with tools like Powershell, CrashPlan
● Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology
● Order, receive, track, and issue hardware, software, and peripherals
● Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of
systems and software
● Mentor junior team members
● Manage, support, and provision business application in a cloud-based
● Write clear, concise documentation for team members in wiki tools (Confluence,
● Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services
Top 3 Skills:
1. Experience deploying automated, self service capabilities with tools like Powershell,
CrashPlan, and Jira
2. A minimum of 3-5 years of desktop support, deskside support and endpoint engineering
3. Proactive attitude with an emphasis on teamwork.
Education, Skills and Experience:
● Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business related field, or equivalent work
● A minimum of 3-5 years of Desktop Support and Engineering experience
● Extensive experience with Mac OS X system administration and applications: OS
configuration, troubleshooting, and knowledge of applications including MS
Office, Chef, Apple Remote Desktop and DeployStudio.
● Strong knowledge of Windows PC troubleshooting and application support,
including MS Office, Google App Sync, Box Sync.
● Experience with Google Apps for Business, including comprehensive knowledge
of Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Groups (including Google Admin)
● Working knowledge of AV hardware, Eventboard, and V/C systems (Zoom)
● Comfortable with managing and manipulating directory systems (AD)
● Experience in supporting global users, applications, and endpoints with remote
suppot tools (Bomgar, uChat)
● Experience with endpoint security management and compliance processes
● Experience supporting a 24×7 user population in a global company
● Experience supporting TCP/IP networks, LAN/WAN topology, wireless networking
● Experience in communication and collaboration technologies
● Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top