Knowledge Manager, US & Canada Central Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and strategic thinker to join our US & Canada Regional Operations team as a Regional Content Manager focused on Content Strategy & Project Management.
We need someone to tightly document, update, and refine our customer business policies. These customer policies span all of the critical decisions we need to make when a rider or driver writes into Uber support, such as when and why we may deactivate a user account, issue a refund or a credit, or troubleshoot a problem with a trip's route.
What you'll do:
- Content / Knowledge Management:
- Document existing customer support policies in a clear, comprehensive, and discoverable way
- Define the long-term content management strategy for where we house and update customer policies
- Project Management
- Manage inbound requests from Uber-wide stakeholders to update or revisit customer policies by building a process and rigorous framework for prioritizing requests
- Project manage new customer policies currently in development by collaborating with Community Operations (customer support) and functional stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Finance, Marketing, Policy & Communications)
- Develop detailed & staff workplans and Excel dashboards to aggregate key customer policy information (e.g. policy owners, overall project status, analysis links, roadblocks, etc.)
- Stakeholder Management
- Establish clear feedback loops for local City Operations teams, Community Operations stakeholders, and riders & drivers to provide feedback on policies
- Communicate customer policy updates clearly and concisely across the organization
What you'll need:
- Relevant experience in content/knowledge management, marketing, and/or consulting role in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Insight Driven Decision Making: You just get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SQL is a plus but not required
- Superior attention to detail, project management, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent with strong organization and time management skills
About the Team
The Business Policy & Safety Ops team is part of our US & Canada Central Operations team, and is focused on: (a) re-writing business standards that we use to deliver a world-class support experience at Uber, and (b) investing in analyses and initiatives to decrease insurance costs across the US & Canada.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top