iOS Engineer - Maps
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. We are dedicated to creating an extensive mapping and logistics infrastructure that can scale to our amazing growth and address the international challenges we face. We are working on services that cover areas like navigation, mobile map display, and location. You will have an immediate role in affecting traffic in major cities.
We are looking for a mobile developer who places user experience first and foremost, is excited to make an impact, and has the skills to match. If you join, you will be working on an unrivaled platform with a world class team that values growth and camaraderie. This is a rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- We create small autonomous teams where every engineer is empowered to set the agenda and is encouraged to take on challenges.
- We operate as a startup within Uber. We move quickly and we create products up-and-down the stack. Our engineers collaborate closely with designers, PMs and data scientists to develop the best possible experiences.
- We're data driven. We use data to identify opportunities to improve the product and we rely heavily on A/B testing to measure our impact.
What you'll need
- Superb skills in iOS development
- Experience working as a mobile engineer on a released application
- An eagerness to learn new ways of doing things. You thrive on learning new technologies.
- A passion for products, empathy for users, and aspiration to make big impact
- Thorough computer science background
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top