Inventory Program Manager
The Uber Map Editing team is laser focused on improving the underlying map technology to make Uber services world class. The team has need for a strong leader with responsibility for managing materials that have a critical impact on the Maps organization. The ideal individual has a background in global inventory management, with a focus on the high tech space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop the the strategic direction of inventory management for the Maps program
- Keep a pulse on E&O and coordinate phase outs and transitions to new materials/products
- Proactively monitor in field/deployed inventory and support the on the ground teams
- Manage the global spare/replacement part network ensuring minimum thresholds are maintained
- Partner with the supply chain team on the CTB (clear to build) process with vendors and manufacturing ensuring the smooth flow of materials
- Create and establish KPIs to monitor the health of the program, inventory shortages should never be the bottleneck
- Support the new product introduction phase with the supply chain and engineering teams
- Research and implement inventory tracking/management tools
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years experience in inventory management, preferably in the tech space
- Fiercely detail oriented, especially in regards inventory level monitoring
- Experience in establishing and managing vendor performance and key metrics
- Ability to handle situations with vendors when materials shortages are impacting project timelines to minimize the downstream impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global highly fragmented environment
- Refined organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to anticipate and manage risks and mitigate these across the supply chain
- Comfortable working with large data sets and making decisions with imperfect data
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked for a startup
- Have intricate knowledge of inventory management tools
- Have experience with contract manufacturers
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top