Internship Software Engineer - Sofia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Uber Engineering Internship program is a unique opportunity for Bachelor, Master and PhD students who are passionate about technology to work alongside ourcommunity of engineers and bridge the gap between academic theoretical knowledge and practical professional experience. Do you want to know how our backend systems can scale to thousands of trips per hour? Do you wish to learn how our mobile app maintains a 99.99% crash-free rate with hundreds of engineers working on them at the same time? Take your curiosity one step further and make something that people use everyday. Something that changes the physical world—and does it fast. We still have a long way to go. Hop in and help us get there. We hire people with a diverse range of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions of users. Our technology allows us to move the physical world: we believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world. We are seeking a sharp, personable and tech-savvy engineering intern to support our team as we continue to grow our global footprint. This is an opportunity to work with a stellar team on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber's engineering efforts. To accomplish your project, you should have strong analytical skills, energy and passion to learn new things, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Naturally curious. You're innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
What You'll Need
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, hackathons, coding challenges, and/or publications.
- Available for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months, preferably starting during the summer
- Must be returning to at least one semester of school upon completion of the internship
Perks / Benefits
- Monthly Internship allowance, and housing stipend
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Receive mentorship from Uber engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
- Build personal networks and friendships with talented people from all over the world who share your passion for technology in a fun international work environment
Back to top