International Tax Specialist Western Europe, UK & Nordics
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It’s carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we’ve proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. UberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric tons in just eight months.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
What You’ll be doing:
- You are part of the EMEA tax team, based in Amsterdam, and report to the Senior Tax Manager Western Europe, UK & Nordics
- You have the ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Assist with the management of the whole region (10+ jurisdictions) and Uber’s business with regard to all tax matters
- Manage certain jurisdictions fully on your own
- Collaborate with various stakeholders such as Operations, Legal, Policy, Accounting and Communications
- Maintain relationships with local Tax Authorities
- Be part of a cross-functional team that works on rolling out new products and services in your region
- Liaise with external advisers to ensure Uber gets the best advice possible
- Co-manage any local tax audits and correspondence with the tax authorities
- Review legal contracts from a tax perspective
- Collaborate with colleagues in the global tax team on various projects
What We’re Looking For:
- Around 4 to 6 years of experience in industry, law firm, and/or Big 4
- Solid understanding of international tax concepts required and controversy experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills preferred in both English & French
- In-house experience considered a big plus
- International travel part of the job
- Strong business acumen and organization skills desired
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Open to challenging projects outside areas of experience or comfort zone
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement / healthcare etc.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top