International Tax Associate
Uber Overview..Job DescriptionAbout Uber
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we've stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion —one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people heading in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It's carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars, we've proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. uberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric tons in just eight months.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
What You'll Do:
- Perform research and develop alternative structures to address unique tax concerns
- Assist in maintaining communication with regional tax professionals (e.g., APAC or LatAm) to manage US tax and transfer pricing issues associated with regional activity, and ensure that regional tax projects are consistent with global tax strategy
- Responsible for documenting significant US tax issues, including Subpart F, FTC, transfer pricing and treatment of internal reorganizations
- Support Senior Managers and Tax Counsel by providing research, performing quantitative analyses and managing projects on global tax issues
- Analyze merger & acquisition tax issues, tax planning initiatives and integration to the existing tax / transfer pricing structure
- Review and monitor transfer pricing calculations to support the global transfer pricing framework and strategy
- Work with third party consultants to prepare global transfer pricing studies and develop a good understanding of the value chain in the overall business
- Review proposed changes to the business for direct and indirect tax implications, and identify areas where additional tax input is required
- Research tax planning ideas that support the business and global tax strategy
- Effectively communicate tax concepts, tax planning structures, and tax risks to the business
- Responsible for documenting tax positions globally
What We're Looking For:
- 2-3 years of international tax and/or transfer pricing experience in law firm, Big 4, and/ or industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and extensive experience with Excel.
- Creative thinking to solve novel tax problems while supporting the business
- The ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Ability to work cooperatively across tax and numerous other stakeholders
- Understanding of tax risk environment, and the ability to effectively communicate tax alternatives and tax risks
- Willingness to dive into the data combined with the ability to present the analysis results to the tax executives
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically urges people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top