International Tax Associate
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion —one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people heading in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It’s carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars, we’ve proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. uberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric tons in just eight months.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform research and develop alternative structures to address unique tax concerns
- Assist in maintaining communication with regional tax professionals (e.g., APAC or LatAm) to manage US tax and transfer pricing issues associated with regional activity, and ensure that regional tax projects are consistent with global tax strategy
- Responsible for documenting significant US tax issues, including Subpart F, FTC, and treatment of internal reorganizations
- Support Senior Managers and Tax Counsel by providing research and managing projects on global tax issues
- Review proposed changes to the business for direct and indirect tax implications, and identify areas where additional tax input is required
- Research tax planning ideas that support the business and global tax strategy
- Effectively communicate tax concepts, tax planning structures, and tax risks to the business
- Responsible for documenting tax positions globally
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3 years of international tax experience in law firm, Big 4, and/ or industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking to solve novel tax problems while supporting the business
- The ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Ability to work cooperatively across tax and numerous other stakeholders
- Understanding of tax risk environment, and the ability to effectively communicate tax alternatives and tax risks
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Monthly gym reimbursement / healthcare etc.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top