International Provision and Compliance Manager
Uber is looking to add an International Provision and Compliance Manager to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Senior Manager of Global Tax Reporting and support our domestic and international tax functions. This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with the direct tax team to develop strategy to streamline the compliance process as it relates to international tax.
- Manage the preparation and completion of the international tax forms filed as part of the consolidated tax return (i.e. Forms 5471, 8858, 926) to ensure full compliance with US tax law, including earnings and profits calculations and transfer pricing.
- Manage the preparation and review of disclosure statements and elections related to international acquisitions, restructurings, and tax planning.
- Provide support to the income tax provision team as it relates to international tax issues.
- Monitor and document legislatives developments related to international operations.
- Ensure all business developments are fully documented and communicated to the team and are included in all international compliance.
- Assist in tax training efforts around international tax compliance.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar.
- CPA and/or Master’s in Taxation preferred.
- Strong international tax operations knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational company operating globally.
- Experience with ASC 740.
- Strong organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage and inspire a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and research programs (i.e. CCH).
- Experience with ONESOURCE Tax Provision and Income Tax preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Monthly gym reimbursement / healthcare etc.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top