International Corporate Tax Specialist EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As Uber continues to grow, our tax team also continues to expand to meet new business challenges and the demands of stakeholders. We are looking to add a motivated Tax Specialist with a can-do attitude to our EMEA Tax Operations team.
If you are technically sharp and yet have a thirst to learn more; if you are not afraid to question the status quo and enjoy a challenge; if you focus on solutions and frequently use phrases like "let's do it", "let's try that", and "we'll find an answer" then you will fit right in.
Interested in a change ...and a chance to change the world… Read on!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Be Doing
- You are part of the EMEA tax team, based in Amsterdam
- You have the ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Assist with the management of EMEA corporate tax and transfer pricing related matters
- Collaborate with various stakeholders such as Operations, Legal, Policy, Accounting, Compliance and Communications
- Maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Be part of a cross-functional team that works on rolling out new products and services in your region
- Liaise with external advisers to ensure Uber gets the best advice possible
- Co-manage local Corporate tax and transfer pricing audits and correspondence with the tax authorities
- Work on complex tax modelling and corporate tax analysis
- Review legal contracts from a corporate tax and transfer pricing perspective
- Collaborate with colleagues in the global tax team on various projects
What We're Looking For
- Around 4+ years of experience in industry, law firm, and/or Big 4 in the field of corporate income tax as well as transfer pricing
- Solid understanding of international corporate tax and transfer pricing concepts required
- Knowledge of BEPS developments and experience with transfer pricing documentation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English (other languages are a plus)
- Strong analytical skills (good excel skills are a plus)
- In-house experience is considered a big plus
- Strong business acumen and organization skills desired
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Open to challenging projects outside areas of experience or comfort zone
Back to top