Internal Audit Manager, Infrastructure
Uber Internal Audit is looking to hire a IT Internal Audit Manager to join our growing team! We're looking for a candidate with extensive IT systems processes related to financial applications and IT internal controls experience who is excited to help build out the internal controls program at Uber. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing and building an internal controls program and partnering with stakeholders to develop efficient and well-controlled processes across the enterprise. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life. We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Job DescriptionWhat we're looking for:
- Deeply curious person who wants to know the what, where, when, how, and most importantly why our processes work the way they do.
- Risk-minded person who can see what could go wrong in a process and work with partners to tie the risk to an activity or to call out a gap.
- Able to translate what you learn to partners and partner with them to advise them as they implement process changes.
- Able to communicate very well in verbal and written form. This applies to interacting with partners, the IA team, and in your written communications (especially when it comes to crafting messages and relaying findings and recommendations).
- Can easily adapt between working independently or harmoniously on a team, with various partners and outsourced audit teams, and on unstructured projects
- Highly organized and able to manage time, tasks, deliverables and maintain a strong attention to detail in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts using both homegrown and Oracle ERP systems.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the development of a global internal controls program.
- Participate in IT engineering risk assessment activities and help execute the corporate enterprise risk management plan.
- Conduct Information Technology (IT) audit reviews of service oriented application architecture.
- Perform the planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up phases of IT audits with limited supervision.
- Assist engineering teams on optimizing business processes by evaluating the application controls of systems that support the business process under review, and developing computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to test controls.
- Execute ad hoc projects, such as due diligence reviews, readiness assessments, etc.
- Prepare findings and recommendations and support communication to the executive team. Also, actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
- Influence and champion operational efficiency and a well controlled control environment.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.), emerging trends and standard methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with technical IT experience preferred.
- Certification in 1 or more of the following: CPA, CISA, or CIA.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25 percent).
- At least 5+ years audit experience.
- Experience with SOX readiness reviews or implementation of internal controls
- Knowledge of business and IT processes and how they intersect with financial transactions.
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks.
- Must be able to complete assignments on a timely basis within budget and deadline.
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, COSO, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5, IIA standards and audit processes and procedures.
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience, a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top