Internal Audit Manager - Fraud & Investigations
We are looking for an experienced Investigations Manager to join Uber's Internal Audit team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of planning, executing and concluding financial fraud investigations and working with business partners to identify and mitigate fraud risk. This role is based in San Francisco.
What You'll Do:
The Internal Audit Manager - Fraud & Investigations will be responsible for developing, enhancing and executing anti-fraud activities to keep pace with the growth of the company. The ideal candidate will have strong relationship and communication skills and be able to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan, execute and conclude fraud investigations, including the ability to:
- Manage investigation teams and work with other internal investigation stakeholders, including Employee Relations, Security, Risk and Compliance.
- Conduct fact-finding conversations and interviews of key subjects, including the ability to draft concise interview memos.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of internal controls and obtain consensus on remediation plans with key business stakeholders.
- Draft reports detailing work performed and conclusions reached that require minimal editing.
- Assist with the annual Fraud Risk Assessment and work with the Internal Audit team to incorporate the results into the Company's annual Enterprise Risk Assessment.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other teams, including Finance, Operations and People and Places.
- Learn and understand our business to better provide value-added services, help management achieve objectives, and enhance stakeholder satisfaction.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing and mentoring team members.
- Provide training and development through sharing of information with the Internal Audit team, transferring knowledge and providing instruction and guidance, as appropriate.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to professional standards for anti-fraud audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement and integration with the financial and operational audit process.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, information systems, our industry, and Company products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of six years of related work experience in Public Accounting or Internal Audit.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in internal controls, fraud schemes and internal investigations.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and organizing ability with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty.
- Familiarity and experience working with an Internal Audit or investigative team that uses fraud detection technologies and data analytics
- Strong project management, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, including an ability to present complex and sensitive issues to key business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and identities.
- Though most investigations will be conducted locally, the ability to travel to Uber's offices throughout the United States and internationally
- Professional certification, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Fraud Examiner, or equivalent.
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top