Insurance Litigation Paralegal
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're disrupting the transportation world and need additional legal clout. We are currently searching for a paralegal to join our growing Insurance Litigation Team within Uber Legal as we scale nationally and globally. Our priority is to defend litigated matters through both in-house and external legal counsel. This role is based in Chicago, Illinois. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber?
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Review, analyze, and respond to tort litigation in the United States and Canada
- Perform complex data analytics in a time-sensitive and confidential nature
- Respond directly to requests from outside counsel and insurers
- Analyze issue spot and escalate inquiries when necessary
- Perform initial file management including fact investigation and preservation
- Draft discovery responses and pleadings
- Review, categorize, organize, track, and maintain legal documents
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of paralegal experience in either a defense firm or insurance company's staff counsel office
- B.A./B.S. required, paralegal certificate preferred
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both on a team and independently
- Technical know-how with at least an intermediate level of computer skills, including a working knowledge of Google suite, Excel, Word, Adobe, Box and other web-based applications
- E-Discovery knowledge a plus
- Experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to help out wherever needed
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience with Salesforce
- Querying skills using SQL
Back to top