Instructional Designer (Learning), Community Operations, APAC
At Uber, support is more than just answering questions. It's about using the information customers give us as insights to help Uber grow. Moreover, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community—riders, driver-partners, UberEATS customers and delivery partners—is at the centre of the Uber customer experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service, in the smartest way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a instructructional design expert to join our APAC Community Operations team. The role is about converting vast and complicated pieces of information into easily digestible formats. You'll build, develop and improve training materials and resources to assist learning and development of support representatives across multiple lines of our business. To be successful, you'll need creativity, structured thinking & strong experience in visual learning.
What you'll do
- You'll join the APAC Learning team, partner with many areas of the business & ensure we have extraordinary training materials for support representatives within APAC. What does that mean?
- You will help define our visual standards, frameworks and templates to keep consistency across all materials
- Be responsible for the design, development and continual improvement of eLearning projects & other materials
- Work cross functionally to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge of our internal and external tools and products
- Research and stay current with emerging educational technologies and utilize innovative approaches to design that incorporate the latest adult learning principles to our curriculum
What you'll need
- 2+ years designing adult learning content (specifically eLearning & interactive curriculum design)
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Information Technology, Adult Education, or other relevant discipline. Master's degree desirable
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Extraordinary skills in at least one or more authoring technologies and multimedia applications such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred, but not required
- A flair for writing - concise, structured and packed with personality
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
- A builder - Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake
- Tech Savvy - You are comfortable learning new systems and have experience in building and creating eLearning across multiple tools
- A team player - You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content
- Poised - Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges
- Process driven - You have extraordinary organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient
- Naturally curious - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible, courageous, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people's toes if it means advocating for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and gutsy, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion. You have the initiative to solve problems on your own
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a satisfied crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top