We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong stakeholder management and project skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Can you work with incomplete data, ambiguity and uncertainty to provide clarity, insight and structure and align a large number of stakeholders? Then let's talk.
As part of the EMEA Community Operations team, you'll be digging into a gold mine of data and working closely with our teams across the mega-region to surface high quality insights for improving the experiences for our drivers, riders and support agents. You'll partner with our Product teams in SF and Community Operations teams across EMEA to transform these insights into actual solutions that make the Uber experience truly flawless and beloved by everyone!
What you'll do
Your day to day responsibilities would include:
- Crunching data and working closely with EMEA teams to understand in details the key problems our riders, drivers are facing.
- Building the framework to collect and prioritise high quality insights at scale
- Driving change by working closely with Product teams in SF to get product initiatives prioritised on their roadmaps
What you'll need
- Degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- At least 5 years of operations / consulting / strategy / tech company or related high tempo experience, or one year of experience at Uber
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Demonstrated project management expertise, owning cross-functional projects with ambitious deadlines and multiple dependencies, with a close attention to detail and thoroughness
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Analytical thinking skills. We are committed to a data-driven approach to running our business. In order to foster quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor and understand trends data, and use it to make the right business adjustments
- Willingness to do travel extensively through EMEA
Bonus points if (optional)
- Proficiency with SQL or other statistical languages
- Prior experience in UX research
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top