Infrastructure Security Engineer (San Francisco)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
We are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building and defending.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- You'll be pushing the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Create services and tools to secure our data
What you'll need
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
- A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations
- Programming skills (Python, Go, C, Java, Bash, PowerShell)
- AWS and Cloud Security knowledge
- Applied cryptography and key management
- Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
About the Team
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
Back to top