HR Business Partner Technology
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are in need of a senior HR Business Partner who will help support & grow our Technology & Engineering teams in India, to align business objectives with employees and management. Uber Bangalore is dedicated to creating a world with clean, decongested cities and reliable transportation everywhere, for everyone. Behind the act of "push a button, get a ride" lies complex technology in maps, telematics, mobile applications, rider/partner experience, payments, machine learning, and infrastructure at scale. Our engineering teams are at the forefront of scaling Uber's rider and driver technologies worldwide, with a special focus on solving transportation for emerging markets.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly. This role is all about partnering with the Technology leaders and our People & Places teams to execute our people strategy in the region, and enriching the support structure for management. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help build out programs and processes from scratch. You are effectively a consultant to management on business issues, and a coach to managers and employees.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
You'll be tasked with supporting our teams on the ground in addition to:
- Partner with your clients on all people related aspects of building a high performing team at Uber.
- Own the people charter and key priorities for your client group across engagement, performance management, talent planning, workforce planning, compensation, development, etc).
- Create best in class practices, drive innovation and measurable outcomes.
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Work closely with the central & regional teams to represent the needs of your client group.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant HRBP experience, ideally having worked with Techology and Engineering teams.
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience of scaling technology teams/site across locations.
- Deep understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR.
- Unquestioned integrity and excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
- Preferred Master's degree in HR.
Bonus Points If
- Natural leader. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Self-driven. You have organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... hundreds of employee issues each month? No prob!
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about all things - People Ops. You are self-aware and well-spoken on the phone, video conferences, email and in-person. You're respectful of the culture we've built and the work put in to get us this far.
- You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and excited about your part in our growth.
- You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are passionate about details.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
About the Team
The HR Business Partner team is changing the way people think about Uber internally and externally. We are working on new and exciting challenges with the aim to make Uber a great place to work and build a high performing team.
Back to top