HR Business Partner - Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. We are in need of an HR Business Partner who will align business objectives with employees and management for our India business operations. You are effectively a consultant to management on business issues, and a coach to managers and employees.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly. This role is all about partnering with the India business leaders and our global People & Places teams to execute our people strategy in the region, and enriching the support structure for management. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help build out programs and processes from scratch.
- Natural leader. You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... hundreds of employee issues each month? No prob!
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about all things People Ops. You are self-aware and well-spoken on the phone, video conferences, email and in-person. You're respectful of the culture we've built and the work put in to get us this far.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
You'll be tasked with supporting our teams on the ground in addition to:
- Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable about our business.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant HRBP, ideally supporting revenue generating teams.
- Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Make a difference: we're not just another social web app: we're moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top