Head of Trust & Safety - Indonesia
Uber is a technology web portal services company. Uber's affiliate makes a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in dozens of countres and hundres of cities around the world - at the push of a button.
On another level, Uber and its affiliates is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class. operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
About the Role
The Uber Trust & Safety team is responsible for further developing, creating, and constantly innovating processes and tools to ensure that Uber continues to be the safest ride on the road. As a Manager for Trust & Safety, you'll be responsible for thinking through every aspect of safety related to Uber in the region. You'll be one part incident response, one part trend analysis, one part brand ambassador, and one part process innovator—working with riders, driver partners, and the Uber team through challenging and sensitive problems.
What you'll do:
- Manage safety related incidents and assist with escalated issues
- Investigate multiple sides of incident disputes, verifying facts and determining resolutions based on internal policies
- Investigate suspicious activity and behavior that could pose a risk to Uber
- Deep dive into cases involving complex damages, potential fraud and/or brand risk
- Correspond with stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Interface with General Managers, Legal, Security, Communications and Policy teams
- Work to deliver a better understanding of Uber's processes for our customers educating users on how to maintain security and safety while using Uber
- Monitor flagged and inappropriate content while identifying trends in risk
- Work with the Trust & Safety Regional Leader to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Draft comprehensive reports documenting investigations and post mortems
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Achieve productivity and quality standards for investigations
- Participate in other special projects/assignments as necessary
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Calm and empathetic disposition, being able to adapt to any situation by personalising responses and educating our customers while remaining level headed in tough situations
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing prioritiesIdea-driven, confident and articulate – ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
- Excel and/or some SQL / SAS skills are highly desired
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top