Head of Trust & Safety - Indonesia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Uber Trust & Safety team is responsible for further developing, creating, and constantly innovating processes and tools to ensure that Uber continues to be the safest ride on the road. As a Manager for Trust & Safety, you'll be responsible for thinking through every aspect of safety related to Uber in the region. You'll be one part incident response, one part trend analysis, one part brand ambassador, and one part process innovator—working with riders, driver partners, and the Uber team through challenging and sensitive problems.
What you'll do:
- Manage safety related incidents and assist with escalated issues
- Investigate multiple sides of incident disputes, verifying facts and determining resolutions based on internal policies
- Investigate suspicious activity and behavior that could pose a risk to Uber
- Deep dive into cases involving complex damages, potential fraud and/or brand risk
- Correspond with stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Interface with General Managers, Legal, Security, Communications and Policy teams
- Work to deliver a better understanding of Uber's processes for our customers educating users on how to maintain security and safety while using Uber
- Monitor flagged and inappropriate content while identifying trends in risk
- Work with the Trust & Safety Regional Leader to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Draft comprehensive reports documenting investigations and post mortems
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Achieve productivity and quality standards for investigations
- Participate in other special projects/assignments as necessary
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 8 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Calm and empathetic disposition, being able to adapt to any situation by personalising responses and educating our customers while remaining level headed in tough situations
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing prioritiesIdea-driven, confident and articulate – ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
- Excel and/or some SQL / SAS skills are highly desired
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top