Head of Trust and Safety, ANZ
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What you'll do:
- Strategy. Define overall regional safety strategy and operational compliance objectives for the region.
- Compliance Oversight. Manage a robust operational compliance program to ensure alignment with regulatory landscape - entails designing and/or improving current measurement systems, and building processes for ongoing measurement.
- Trust & Safety Program Management. You will work closely with the ANZ and global leadership team to build and execute initiatives around improve safety outcomes in the region.
- Metrics and Analytics. Own metrics for trust and safety in the region. Build tracking and reporting tools to improve stakeholder visibility into these metrics and trends, and set data-driven safety targets.
- City Support. Conduct deep dives into safety outcomes across ANZ and work with operations teams to identify and implement solutions and improvements.
- Product. Work with HQ product team on new product features which improve trust and safety across the region.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years experience in trust & safety, compliance activities, operations/continuous improvement, risk management, consulting or a related role.
- Consistent track record of solving operational problems. You can break down large ambiguous problems, identify key opportunities and considerations, define and execute against tangible milestones.
- Solid experience building out and implementing compliance measures and working with the business on assessing risk as part of its compliance obligations.
- Background in working cohesively and being able to influence cross functional partners around complex problem settings
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Strong analytical skillset. Experience with analytics tools (Excel, SQL, R) a plus.
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and independently make decisions or take risks with incomplete information.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top