Head of Trust and Safety
TEAM AT UBER
Uber’s Security team is committed to building the service that people trust most with their data and their life. We know that people choose Uber because we provide a safe and reliable transportation platform, and we are passionate about building inspired product, policy, and operational solutions that minimize, detect, and mitigate harm and promote trust and growth.
WHO YOU ARE
You are ready to lead the team that will bring digital risk solutions to the physical world and make Uber the most trusted brand in transportation. You have a compelling enthusiasm for helping others and a determined vision to drive a broad organizational roadmap that covers everything from product development to incident response. You can work with business intelligence and data science teams to review user feedback and telematics data to draw safety risk insights and propose & build product solutions, but can also dive into a brand marketing discussion or get on the phone with a rider or driver who had a bad experience to help them through it. You are excited to learn and grow and be pushed emotionally and intellectually every day.
You will be expected to bring strategic thought leadership on real-world safety to the company, and have an ability to work cross-functionally with Uber’s global operations, product, and engineering teams. You must possess not only safety experience and a depth in technology and analytics, but also an appreciation for how safety challenges vary in communities around the world, and a product vision and a commitment to operational excellence.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Setting the strategic safety vision for Uber, bringing a customer obsession to our commitment to keep every driver and rider safe on every ride.
- Leading the safety team of product, marketing, risk, and operational professionals at Uber.
- Influencing leaders and stakeholders across operations, product, and engineering teams to foster a safety-culture throughout the company.
- Driving the product and engineering roadmap for safety across Uber.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, technical, and written skills to influence and instill confidence at all levels and in all functions/geographies.
- Good understanding of how to effectively and accurately measure business impact of Safety.
- High standards and integrity.
- Self-motivation, and an understanding that safety is a 24-7 challenge.
- 15+ years professional experience in matters of safety and security with a flair for strategic thinking and strong problem solving skills.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym and cell phone reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top