Head of Tax, Brazil
About the job
Uber is looking to add a head of taxes to our team, reporting to our Head of Latin America taxes in Sao Paulo and supporting our operations in Brazil. This is an amazing opportunity to join our growing tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
What you'll do
- Manage Uber's income tax, transfer pricing and VAT (ISS, PIS and COFINS), including strategies and plannings, tax filings and invoicing
- Oversee tax compliance and reporting
- Collaborate with cross functional teams regarding tax, treasury, finance and other matters
- Manage discussions and correspondence with tax authorities
- Support business initiatives and implementations
What you'll need
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Big 4 experience preferred with in-house background, ideally in Fortune 500, US based corporation
- Extensive experience with Brazilian tax matters
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Law or similar
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- Experience in a high-growth, international environment preferred
- Great communication skills, well organized with a facility for helping others find the right path
At Uber we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top