Head of Strategy & Planning - UberEats - Latam
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Head of Strategy and Planning will champion high priority projects across Latin America. Based in Mexico City, but working with teams across the region, this role will provide hands-on leadership to help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this fast growing region scale. Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, you will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. This role will work across many functions and teams, in the region and at both our domestic and international headquarters.
As an early member of UberEATS' LATAM Regional team, you will help support strategic decision making processes throughout the region through your analytics, heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. The right person for this role should have deep analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you'll do
- Vision: Working closely with Strategy and Planning Leads and Regional General Managers across the company to align overall company vision.
- Thought Leadership: Working with all General Managers across Latin America to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices.
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting city teams across the region. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives, not just for Operations, but across key teams within the organization such as Finance, Growth, and Product.
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and opportunities, and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions.
- Develop Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships.
- Lead by example: Be truth-seeking and comfortable with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Move fast and be biased toward action.
What you'll need
- At least 10 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is very much preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish & English; Portuguese a plus.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- MBA highly preferred.
- SQL Proficiency highly preferred.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top