Head of Strategic Finance, EMEA
As the Regional Head of Finance, with a focus on FP&A, you will help scale the team tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth. You will help drive forecasting, planning and analysis initiatives, running with them to improve our business.
So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What you'll do
- Lead a high performance team and partner with regional operations teams to scale Uber in EMEA
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making that aligns capital and resource allocation with the company's strategic priorities.
- Continually monitor key business metrics, market growth, and ambitious changes. Use analysis to recommend strategies to grow all aspects of the business.
- Develop the analytical frameworks to drive product decisions that change Uber economics.
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale efficiently - we'll always move fast, but evolving our planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and improve reporting accuracy
- Work closely with FinOps and various business teams to ensure accuracy of accruals
- Champion broader Finance initiatives to measure and drive compliance with policies (timeliness of purchase orders, T&E compliance, interface with Strategic Sourcing, etc.)
- Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems - (TM1, Hyperion, etc.)
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
What you'll need
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering or similar
- 10+ years in Banking, Management Consulting and/or Corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a fast-growing tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature; you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity. Nice to have - SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and produce the data we require is key
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter: take initiative, be enthusiastic and resourceful, set and drive toward solutions / goals in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
- Experience building, motivating and coaching a team
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top