Head of Retail Operations - Indonesia
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As member of the Indonesia Operations team, you will be comfortable taking initiative, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment. You will be tasked with scaling the business, as we grow across Indonesia. At a city and regional level, you will drive world-changing innovation, optimise the execution of work across teams and be a champion of collaboration between Indonesia cities and the global business.
Uber's driver-partners are extremely important customers, and we're creating premier retail experiences for them around Indonesia. Greenlight Centres help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, foster engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community.
What you'll do
- The Head of Retail Operations leads the strategic vision and financial performance of Greenlight centres around Indonesia. In this role, you will manage a team of Greenlight Managers and Uber Experts (customer service staff) to provide the best possible experience for our driver-partners. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, manage vendor relationships, oversee the build-out of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the driver-partner experience.
- Develop and execute a retail strategy through data-driven insights and continuous testing with the goal of delivering a high-quality customer experience
- Continue to build and develop a team of local Greenlight Managers, working together with city General Managers in defining best practices and service levels to enable business growth in diverse markets
- Manage the Greenlight Centre P&L, optimising for value creation
- Motivate, encourage and lead existing and new staff to continually improve their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all metrics
- Work closely in a cross-functional environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear goals for the region
What you'll need
- At least 12 years of deep, hands-on ownership of functions that included combinations of the following: retail, operations, analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- Highly developed business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a master plan to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- High energy and motivational leadership established through persuasion and modeled example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Deep experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top