Head of Retail Operations - Indonesia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As member of the Indonesia Operations team, you will be comfortable taking initiative, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment. You will be tasked with scaling the business, as we grow across Indonesia. At a city and regional level, you will drive world-changing innovation, optimise the execution of work across teams and be a champion of collaboration between Indonesia cities and the global business.
Uber's driver-partners are extremely important customers, and we're creating premier retail experiences for them around Indonesia. Greenlight Centres help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, foster engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community.
What you'll do
- The Head of Retail Operations leads the strategic vision and financial performance of Greenlight centres around Indonesia. In this role, you will manage a team of Greenlight Managers and Uber Experts (customer service staff) to provide the best possible experience for our driver-partners. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, manage vendor relationships, oversee the build-out of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the driver-partner experience.
- Develop and execute a retail strategy through data-driven insights and continuous testing with the goal of delivering a high-quality customer experience
- Continue to build and develop a team of local Greenlight Managers, working together with city General Managers in defining best practices and service levels to enable business growth in diverse markets
- Manage the Greenlight Centre P&L, optimising for value creation
- Motivate, encourage and lead existing and new staff to continually improve their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all metrics
- Work closely in a cross-functional environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear goals for the region
What you'll need
- At least 12 years of deep, hands-on ownership of functions that included combinations of the following: retail, operations, analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- Highly developed business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a master plan to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- High energy and motivational leadership established through persuasion and modeled example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Deep experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top