Head of Restaurant Operations, Uber Eats - EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber Eats delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same seamless experience as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep, and enjoy!
We are present in 50+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we're only just getting started.
This is an intense business side startup role, and you will work with the Uber Eats operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering and product teams. You will have direct responsibility for the growth of the Uber Eats business across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
About the Role
The Head of Restaurant Operations role is a unique opportunity to build and lead a new vertical within the Uber Eats business. Reporting to the Head of Central Operations, you will be responsible to build the team, tools and processes to help ensure restaurant growth, quality and overall experience. This includes segmenting how we interact and develop processes for the smallest of restaurants to the largest enterprises (e.g., McDonalds). You'll work closely with the local operations teams on process mapping to help drive the centralization strategy for EMEA, in an effort to bring more headcount efficiency to the region.
We're looking for someone who has experience with restaurants, and exhibit the operational abilities to build things from the ground up and get stuff done. We want a creative thinker who will drive outside the box solutions and have the emotional intelligence to manage a sizeable team, in a fast paced environment, including a diverse set of stakeholders all over the world.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Build and lead the Restaurant Operations team for EMEA
- Work closely with local operations and product teams to optimize Uber Eats restaurant onboarding, quality, and success on the platform
- Develop internal processes for collecting restaurant feedback, understanding drivers of delight and dissatisfaction, identifying critical operational improvements, scaling those improvements and monitoring their performance over time
- Provide input to the strategy; identifying insights to help build a platform that makes being a restaurant on Eats a great experience
- Build a high performance team; motivate them to continually achieve higher levels of business impact
- Effectively navigate a matrixed environment with local operations, product, marketing, strategy, finance and other senior leadership
What You'll Need
- At least 6 years of deep, hands-on management of functions that include combinations of the following: operations, analytics, customer loyalty and retention, and project management (preferably in a food related company)
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams
- MBA preferred
About the Team
EMEA Restaurant Operations is a newly formed team whose mission is to ensure we are providing a magical experience for restaurants who choose to be on the platform. This includes helping define the future of restaurants (virtual/dark kitchens) and overall improving general restaurant success on Eats. This is an operating role with accountability for EMEA KPIs related to restaurants. The team is based in Amsterdam.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the UberEATS brand in EMEA.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage.
- Uber credits every month for taking trips.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Back to top