Head of Regional Operations - Restaurants, Uber Eats
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Head of Regional Operations- Restaurants role is a unique opportunity to build and lead a new vertical within the Uber Eats business.
Reporting to the Head of Regional Operations, you will be responsible to build the team, roadmap, tools and processes to help ensure that regional needs on the Restaurant side are met. Your team will partner with different territory, product, and HQ teams to improve processes, centralize efforts and drive efficiency across the region.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Define and create Restaurant growth and engagement strategies that are scalable to the region.
- Optimize acquisition funnels so that we understand where and how to invest in our most efficient channels
- Understand local market dynamics with restaurant partners to drive strategy with the goal of increasing conversion
- Identify and make our metrics visible surrounding growing our business operations. Innovation starts with data intelligence, and the right metrics are at the foundation of data intelligence
- Build dashboards and reports that the entire team use to help them make key decisions every day
- Collaborate with all other functional teams in the company to get input and buy-in to scale the Latam markets efficiently, including the Operations and Sales teams, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Legal, Communications, and Strategy & Planning.
- Drive our Enterprise strategy to support our Tier 1 Restaurant partners across the region.
- Build and lead a team of superstars to accomplish Regional Restaurant goals
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of business consulting, data analytics, or related experience in a rapidly changing environment, but we will consider other candidates who meet the other requirements. Evidence of complete ownership of a multifaceted project with many stakeholders highly valued
- Creative mindset: Innovative problem solver who is not afraid of creating and implementing new market strategies that help with rapid scaling and growth
- End-to-end process ownership: Understands what a robust process looks like and can build, iterate and automate process in a scalable and efficient way.
- Effective collaboration and communication: Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate across functions and levels, from communication to execution.
- Professional Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Pursues perfection without compromising on execution: On things that truly matter, someone who is fastidious about making sure we get the answer right. Even with a robust, detailed and effective process, still executes at a reliable pace. Excited to tackle large, complex initiatives that may move slowly because of high risk and/or multiple stakeholders.
- 4+ years of experience in hiring, coaching and running teams efficiently.
Back to top