Head of Regional Marketing - West
In just over five years, Uber’s proud to be delivering our service throughout 63 countries in over 344 different cities across the globe. But that’s not enough – we’re constantly looking to both grow the number of riders and drivers using our platform around the world and deliver unique, engaging experiences to our customer base. We are looking for a Head of Marketing to spearhead our strategy, build the team, and execute our end-to-end marketing efforts across the region. This will include securing major partnerships, executing large scale campaigns, managing a customer retention strategy, and overseeing some performance marketing efforts.
You’ll come with a track record of building teams and systems tied directly to the bottom line results of the organization. In addition, this role is responsible for developing data-driven acquisition and retention strategies, and utilizing a variety of channels to execute them, so we’re looking for thought leaders who have experience with the latest and most innovative marketing tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build a world class marketing team: You will be responsible for building out a marketing team to execute Uber’s marketing strategy in the region. You’ll identify and recruit top talent for our regional partnerships, campaigns, and rider retention teams and lead them to drive e the continued growth of Uber’s business.
- Bring new customers to the Uber platform: We’ve seen rocketship growth to date, but we there are still plenty of people in all of our markets that have yet to try Uber. You’ll identify the segments that represent an opportunity, lock down and leverage major partners that put us in front of those segments, and develop engaging experiential marketing and communications campaigns that convince those people to take their first trip.
- Engage our existing rider base: We want Uber to become a daily part of life for our riders, and we never want the Uber experience to stop feeling like magic. You’ll oversee development of highly customized engagement messaging to drive more frequent ridership and craft campaigns that regularly surprise and delight our user base.
- Tell the Uber story: You’ll work closely with our public affairs team to define the Uber narrative and help make sure it is told consistently and repeated frequently in all of our communications. You’ll make sure that all of the communities in which we operate know about the safe, reliable, and innovative transportation Uber brings to cities.
- Add a marketing lens to all of our regional operations: Crafting a clear message, leveraging partnerships, developing customer lifecycle campaigns – these needs don’t just exist on the rider side of our business. You’ll work closely with our operations teams, trust & safety team, and others, using your marketing expertise to help elevate their efforts to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: marketing, analytics, partnerships, lead generation, customer loyalty and retention, brand management, and project management
- Experience executing and managing multi-pronged marketing campaigns including: online marketing, product marketing, customer retention, brand management, public relations, direct marketing, and business development
- Experience overseeing market research and segmentation, and developing targeted customer acquisition and engagement strategies
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, effective marketing-related writing skills, and the ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment
- A track record of having built and managed one or more successful marketing organization(s)
- Superior analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience in B2C technology marketing a plus, but not required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top