Head of Regional Growth Marketing
We are looking for a world-class marketing leader to help drive city level strategy and performance, ensuring that appropriate resources are deployed and systems built to make Uber successful in a hyperlocal and highly competitive environment.
You will work closely with the regional general managers, city gm’s, and strategy and planning teams on the operations side of our business, as well as the performance marketing, CRM, SEO and technology teams to drive alignment and overall company performance across each of our cities. It is vital that you have managed large complex and strategic accounts and client environments in the past. You will help build and lead the teams that help execute city level requests as well as manage relationships across those various markets.
To be effective in this role, you’ll need to:
- Develop high-level marketing plans, effectively utilizing cross functional teams, and influencing the resources throughout Uber leveraging your deep knowledge of marketing and ability to pinpoint the smartest, most powerful strategies to solve local problems.
- Actively establishing and grow city-level relationships based on transparency and strong communication, leverage these relationships in the development of overall business growth, and eloquently articulate marketing business philosophies, keeping markets up to date on growth marketing strategies and evolution.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of seasonal, operational, legal and tactical changes in each of our markets and how individual market needs are evolving.
- Deliver frequent business reviews, providing updates and recommendations that are concise, insightful and on point, including the communication of market financials impacted by growth marketing – such as forecasts, budgets and investments.
- Anticipates and closely manages potential city obstacles, builds back-up plans, and escalates as needed to senior leadership on either side of the organization.
- Hire, manage and develop regional growth marketing leads and a centralized marketing support team.
- Act as key member of the growth marketing leadership team, defining and delivering the overall strategy and executional needs of strategic city management.
At Uber we celebrate cities. You will be the the strategic lead of the most successful city focused marketing team of all time; that is what success in this role looks like.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong, established history of client leadership in integrated marketing environments (including media planning and buying, CRM, SEO and technology).
- Demonstrated experience growing complex relationships, both as an individual contributor and as a manager.
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate.
- Superior analytical skills including financial acumen with the ability to deliver on P&L benchmarks.
- Demonstrated project and team leadership skills.
- Ability to track and manage teams allocation/reallocation of efforts.
- Incredible verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take complex systems and share them through simple and intuitive communications.
- A strong entrepreneurial bent. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away, you get it done.
- An unquenchable desire to help Uber be the fastest growing company in the world.
- An openness to travel as needed to spend face to face time with our most important regions.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top