Head of Policy, South India
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish Uber's brand and profile with policy makers-including governments, third parties and academics;
- Work to ensure that the regulatory framework in south India supports ridesharing apps like Uber.
- Partner with government and third parties on innovative transport solutions
- Be an advocate and spokesperson for the business.
- Manage a super smart team based South India.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Situations changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We're looking to create new frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You'll need the intellectual rigor to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone-both orally and in writing.
- A gifted campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to today's outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do-and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking regulatory for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get things done-and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally you would have at least 10 years of experience in government affairs and policy. We are open to people who have experience in another area, who have a deep understanding of these issues and may be looking for a career change.
- You'll need to speak at least one language of the region.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top