Head of Marketplace, EMEA Central Ops
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are seeking a passionate, collaborative, and community-oriented leader to take on the role of Regional Head of Existing Supply. This position reports to the Head of Regional Operations.
As one of the leaders of our new EMEA Regional Operations teams, the Head of Existing Supply will lead a team focused on improving driver engagement, supply retention and marketplace excellence across EMEA. The ideal candidate has an empathic, but data-driven understanding of how partners engage with the Uber platform, a perfect understanding of the mechanics and magic that make an efficient marketplace, along with strong work-planning and communication skills to keep multiple projects on track and lead a wide variety of stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Manage a rockstar team of existing supply experts working on all aspects of our existing challenges, including both senior regional operations managers and regional operations managers
- Plan and set existing supply strategy for the regional team for the near, mid, and long term, and iterate on plans in response to changing operational results and priorities
- Scale and execute driver engagement initiatives around the region with a focus on putting processes and practices in place that drive meaningful change in partner behavior and satisfaction, and generate significant efficiencies in the countries.
- Dive into engagement and efficiency city by city to identify underperforming markets, and collaborate with those teams to their efforts to the next level
- Coordinate and support the roll-out of broader Momentum program initiatives
- Be the voice of EMEA and liaise with the Momentum and other relevant teams at HQ to inform their program roadmaps to ensure that solutions are being developed to address our biggest pain points
- Shape the product development roadmap by identifying major opportunities for improvement that can be solved via technical and product solutions and making a data-driven case to the engineering organization to build and implement them
- Plan budget and manage spend on existing supply initiatives led by the regional team
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization - including S&P, other regions, HQ Supply, finance, and product to ensure close collaboration on things like product rollouts, national campaigns, and budgeting
What You'll Need
- Strong track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Strong, demonstrated people management ability
- Deep analytical and critical-thinking ability
- Experience setting team strategy, budgets, and plans
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Excellent knowledge of Uber operational tools and processes
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Willingness to travel across EMEA when required
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top