Head of Marketing Strategy
Job DescriptionHead of Marketing StrategyJob Description
San Francisco, CA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward
Directing one of the largest consumer marketing budgets in the US, the Senior Director of Marketing Strategy will lead a world-class team of highly effective marketers across driver strategy, rider strategy, research & insights and program management. S/he will support the the VP of Marketing to drive strategy, integrated business planning, and the rhythm for the Global US/CA Marketing and Ridesharing Leadership Team to accelerate business.
Responsible for building out a customer-centric agenda across the US/CA ridesharing business, s/he will be a proven and highly strategic, creative, and insight-driven marketer, who will craft core messaging frameworks and positioning for Uber marketing efforts. S/he will leverage market intelligence and consumer insights to develop targeting, creative, and campaign strategies.
Finally, s/he will collaborate cross functionally with the Product, Research, Communications/Policy, Design, and Brand teams to deliver world-class marketing communications that drive brand health, customer acquisition, engagement, and loyalty. S/he will will be a highly strategic, motivated, and goal-oriented individual.
- A marketing visionary who understands fast-paced, technology-driven companies with strong growth goals, coupled with a love for delivering customers an unparalleled, delightful experience.
- A builder who is comfortable with ambiguity, knows how to develop and lead strong, effective teams and create cohesion while implementing rigorous marketing discipline.
- A candidate with a strong commitment to the customer, the team, and corporate ethics.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a US/CA-wide marketing strategy to accelerate growth and build the Uber brand.
- Oversee large teams across research & insights, strategy (rider, driver, reputation), and field marketing.
- Define customer segments, identify needs, prioritize markets, and drive insights across the organization into all areas of marketing and other related functions.
- Provide leadership in strategic and operational planning with marketing, messaging, and go-to market plans for products and services, channel partnerships, and more.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders within and outside of marketing to ensure fit between Uber's core promise to the customer and the delivery of the product/service.
- Accountable for continually refining the marketing processes, procedures, metrics, and tools which will enable Uber to achieve rapid growth goals.
- --Successful Candidates Will Bring:
- Demonstrated success in developing brand strategies, launching new products and businesses, as well as driving activation across various consumer touch points
- Omni-channel global marketing experience, with deep subject matter expertise across all channels
- Deep understanding of campaign channels and experience successfully managing multiple work streams concurrently
- Experience collaborating across teams, managing leaders across a complex organization
- A proven strategist with engaging skills in verbal, written, and visual communications
- Experience in leading innovative initiatives that meet and exceed business and financial objectives; critical thinking, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive for results; can be counted on to lead self and others to exceed goals successfully
- Sound understanding of data and analytics with proven ability to translate numbers and results to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Balance of analytical skills and creativity in order to drive an effective strategy to completion through business partners, agencies, and the US/CA marketing team
- Strong influencing skills; supporting your point of view to both peers and senior management
- Demonstrated success generating earned media
- Ability to manage effectively navigate through ambiguity to actionable recommendations/solutions
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top