Head of Marketing - Pakistan
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is looking for a Head of Marketing to lead marketing efforts for our Pakistan team. This is a critical role as it will help shape and oversee all rider marketing practices for one of our fastest growing countries in EMEA. It calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, partnerships, marketing, and leadership. The right candidate should be comfortable taking initiative, loves managing and developing a team, and is able to thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment.
The Head of Marketing will implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span large strategic partnerships, product positioning, partnerships and account management.
What you'll do
- Strategic planning - Develop marketing strategies that align with company goals; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Analysis - Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Management and leadership - Lead and develop a team of Marketing Managers to execute on existing strategies and drive innovation.
- Processes - Setting up internal processes and hold a team of Marketing Managers accountable.
- Partnerships - Driving Uber's value proposition, developing relationships and increasing channel revenue.
What you'll need
- 7-10 years of marketing and partnerships experience, preferably in a highly analytical and strategic environment
- Speed, resourcefulness and go-getter attitude - Uber moves fast, and runs on constant improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to take complex systems and share them through simple and intuitive communications
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a multi-faceted marketing team, both in acquisition and engagement
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, cultivating and nurturing partnerships across various levels and sectors
- Experience with product marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user lifecycle + retention
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, etc
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Exceptional analytical skills including financial acumen with the ability to deliver on P&L benchmarks
- ATL campaign experience preferred
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and in meetings and eloquent yet efficient in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly
- Creative. You're always thinking of fresh ideas to generate signups and promote the brand
- Open and curious. You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top