Head of Marketing - LATAM
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We’re looking for a seasoned industry professional with deep regional experience to spearhead the strategy, develop the team, and execute our end-to-end performance marketing efforts across Latin America. This will encompass performance media efforts, SEO, CRM and other performance marketing channels.
You’ll come with a portfolio of accomplishments developing global teams and systems tied right to the bottom line results of the organization. In addition, this role is responsible for developing analytic strategies, multi-platform thought leadership, and for driving competitive advantage through leading and emerging analytic solutions and approaches to marketing at a global level.
What you’ll do
- Build, develop and lead a team of marketing professionals across the LatAm region to enable Uber to scale through high impact programs localized for each corner of the region
- Work together with and cross-functionally with the Regional General Managers and General Managers, helping develop integrated business strategy and streamlined performance marketing efforts and goals
- Set the strategy and goals for LatAm growth marketing systems, programs, and results consistent with the company’s strategic goals
- Be aware of, and ensure compliance with, all corporate and regulatory policies
- Develops localized messaging and positioning and enforces it through creative presentations, demonstrations, collateral, tests, and cost justification
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact, leverage, and overall company-wide success
- Work very closely in a matrixed environment with marketing, analytics, design, engineering, finance and senior leadership across the region and HQ to set clear objectives for regional strategy
What you’ll need
- At least 10 years of hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: marketing, analytics, lead generation, marketplace efficiency, production and project management
- Expansive LatAm geographic and market knowledge
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; additional languages a plus
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with HQ and international leadership in an ever-changing environment with tight deadlines
- Deep experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
- Demonstrable success in rapid growth environments
- Degree in Economics, Science, Engineering or other quantitative field required; Master’s degree a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top