Head of Marketing - LATAM
The Head of Marketing role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s fastest growing region, Latin America. This is a critical role as it interfaces between Uber, its business partners and users to cultivate the brand and build a dynamic marketplace.
The role will lead all aspects of marketing for Uber in Latin America – including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Digital, Social, Content, Acquisition, CRM, Email Marketing, Traditional Marketing (TV, Radio, OOH), and Marketing Strategic Planning
To help do that, the Head of Marketing will implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span:
- Online and offline user acquisition
- Product development and positioning
- Consumer marketing (including events, partnerships, promotions and campaigns)
- Corporate/B2B marketing and sales,
- Business development and strategic partnerships (including leveraging the Uber app and APIs)
- Account management
The mandate of the role is to focus both on driver and rider marketing, through the appropriate channels. Expectations are to build a team internally as well as partner with the leading vendors (agencies, media channels, etc) for maximum outreach and benefit
Need analytical mindset to be able to base spend decisions on ROI and track and monitor them very proactively.
This role calls for a combination of deep marketing experience, creative skills, strategic planning and analytics, brand, communications expertise and very strong team leadership
A person in this role should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving problems, love developing teams and people talent, and be able to thrive in a startup culture. We are always moving at a very fast pace to make sure that Uber users (and partner drivers) are able to experience the magic of Uber.
As part of the Latin America Leadership team, they’ll work closely with the Regional General Manager of Latin America and the Expansion Lead, the Strategy & Business Operations, the Partner Operations, the Community Operations, the Communications leads and their teams to continue to offer a fantastic user experience throughout the region in existing and new products and develop the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategic planning: Develop marketing strategies based on strong analytics (including on costs, conversion, retention, LTV and ROI), set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Acquisition: own the end to end acquisition strategy including management over online and offline channels ensuring a performance driven approach (constant measurement and optimization)
- CRM: lead all efforts aiming to increase loyalty and engagement among drivers and riders following an analytical approach being supported by insights and automation. Loyalty initiatives includes not only improving engagement metrics but also increasing brand reputation.
- Consumer/B2C marketing. Develop fantastic and attractive B2C marketing initiatives including events, partnerships, promotions, campaigns and loyalty programmes nationally in India
- Corporate/B2B marketing. Develop strong B2B marketing to attract SME and large businesses to Uber’s sleek and super-competitive business offerings, secure contracts, develop accounts and manage relationships, including by helping build a business product sales team
- New product and city marketing launches. Help develop the marketing launch strategy and deliver on their execution to launch new, exciting products and open new cities in Latin America in 2017 and beyond
- Brand and content. Work with the global, regional and national Communications teams to manage the voice & brand of Uber through content, advertising, email, blogs, and all social channels.
- Management and leadership. Lead a large and growing team of Marketing Managers and Senior Managers to execute on marketing and business development strategies
- Analysis. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 10 – 12+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment or a larger company with a strong entrepreneurial culture
- Experience with product marketing including marketing strategy, product positioning, brand strategy and user research
- Demonstrated success in designing and delivering on marketing strategies and programmes, in both B2C and B2B environments and/or marketing/advertising agencies if possible
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and other analytical tools , and demonstrated business sense and intuition through successful marketing projects at scale
- Extremely adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly, leveraging a team
- A track record of having attracted, hired and/or managed and developed a large, high-performing team
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top