Head of Marketing, India
The Head of Marketing role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s fastest growing markets, India. This is a critical role as it interfaces between Uber, its business partners and users to cultivate the brand and build and develop demand for the service.
Lead all aspects of marketing for Uber India – including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Digital, Social, Content, Email Marketing, Traditional Marketing (TV, Radio, OOH), Email marketing.
To help do that, the Head of Marketing will implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span brand, content, product development and positioning, consumer marketing (including events, partnerships, promotions and campaigns), corporate/B2B marketing and sales, business development and strategic partnerships (including leveraging the Uber app and APIs) and account management. (Combine this list of items – and make it bullet points)
The mandate of the role is to focus both on driver and rider marketing, through the appropriate channels. Expectations are to build a team internally as well as partner with the leading vendors (agencies, media channels, etc) for maximum outreach and benefit
Need analytical mindset to be able to base spend decisions on ROI and track and monitor them very proactively.
This role calls for a combination of deep marketing experience, creative skills, strategic planning and analytics, brand and communications expertise
A person in this role should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving problems, love developing teams and people talent, and be able to thrive in a startup culture. We are always moving at a very fast pace to make sure that Uber users (and partner drivers) are able to experience the magic of Uber.
As part of the India Leadership team, they’ll work closely with the Head of India and the Expansion, the Strategy & Business Operations, the Partner Operations, the Community Operations, the Communications leads and their teams to continue to offer a fantastic user experience throughout India in existing and new products and develop the India business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategic planning. Develop marketing strategies based on strong analytics (including on costs, conversion, retention, LTV and ROI), set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Consumer/B2C marketing. Develop fantastic and attractive B2C marketing initiatives including events, partnerships, promotions, campaigns and loyalty programmes nationally in India
- Corporate/B2B marketing. Develop strong B2B marketing to attract SME and large businesses to Uber’s sleek and super-competitive business offerings, secure contracts, develop accounts and manage relationships, including by helping build a business product sales team
- New product and city marketing launches. Help develop the marketing launch strategy and deliver on their execution to launch new, exciting products and open new cities in India in 2015 and beyond
- Brand and content. Work with the global, regional and national Communications teams to manage the voice & brand of Uber through content, advertising, email, blogs, and all social channels.
- Management and leadership. Lead a large and growing team of Marketing Managers and Senior Managers to execute on marketing and business development strategies
- Analysis. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 10 – 12+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment or a larger company with a strong entrepreneurial culture
- Experience with product marketing including marketing strategy, product positioning, brand strategy and user research
- Demonstrated success in designing and delivering on marketing strategies and programmes, in both B2C and B2B environments and/or marketing/advertising agencies if possible
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and other analytical tools , and demonstrated business sense and intuition through successful marketing projects at scale
- Extremely adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly, leveraging a team
- A track record of having attracted, hired and/or managed and developed a large, high-performing team
YOU MUST BE:
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and in meetings and eloquent yet efficient in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to generate signups and promote the brand
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers and business partners
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another app, we’re moving tech as well as real people and assets, and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, super motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top