Head of Marketing - France
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, and we’re only just getting started.
The Head of Marketing – France is a critical role as it interfaces between Uber, its business partners and users to cultivate the brand reputation and develop demand for the service across 11 cities in France. This role calls for a combination of market and user research and insights, strategic planning and analytics, brand reputation, acquisition, retention and engagement, together with strong people management and leadership. A person in this role should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving problems, love developing teams and people, and be able to thrive in a startup culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategic planning – Develop marketing strategies based on market and user research and insights, strong analytics (including costs, conversion, retention, LTV and ROI), set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Brand reputation – Manage the voice & brand of Uber through content, advertising, email, blogs, and all social channels, working with the France, Europe/EMEA and global Communications teams.
- Consumer marketing – Develop fantastic and attractive B2C marketing initiatives including events, partnerships, promotions, campaigns and loyalty programmes nationally in France.
- Management and leadership – Lead a large and growing team of Marketing Managers and Senior Marketing Managers to execute on marketing and branding strategies.
- Analysis – Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing efforts, prioritizing initiatives based on highest potential impact.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment or a larger company with a strong entrepreneurial culture, or a combination.
- Significant experience managing and developing diverse and dynamic teams.
- Strong experience with integrated marketing including brand & product strategy, user research, advertising, acquisition channels, CRM, partnerships
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using surveys, focus groups, market research, A/B testing, and analytical tools, and demonstrated business sense and intuition through successful marketing projects at scale.
- Extremely adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly, leveraging a team.
- Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top