Head of Marketing, Egypt
Uber is looking for a Head of Marketing to lead marketing efforts for our Egypt team. This is a critical role as it will help shape and oversee all rider marketing practices for one of our fastest growing countries in EMEA. It calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, and leadership. The right candidate should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves managing and developing a team, and be able to thrive in a startup culture.
The Head of Marketing will implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span large strategic partnerships, product positioning, business development and account management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partnerships and business development. Driving Uber’s value proposition, developing relationships and increasing channel revenue.
- Strategic planning. Develop marketing strategies that align with company goals; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Analysis. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Processes. Setting up internal processes and hold a team of Marketing Managers accountable.
- Management and leadership. Lead and develop a team of Marketing Managers to execute on existing strategies and drive innovation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 8 -10 years of marketing and partnerships experience, preferably in a highly analytical environment
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. It’s a marathon at sprint pace.
- Incredible verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take complex systems and share them through simple and intuitive communications.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a multi-faceted marketing team, both in acquisition and engagement.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships across various levels and sectors.
- Experience with product marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user lifecycle + retention
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate.
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, etc.
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Superior analytical skills including financial acumen with the ability to deliver on P&L benchmarks
- ATL campaign experience preferred
YOU MUST BE:
- A Leader. Able to work with a team to inspire them to take on new challenges daily.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- A Big Thinker: Your vision will help shape the future of Uber’s marketing in Pakistan, so you need to have one and know how to make it reality.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to acquire and engage new users and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top