Head of Marketing Analytics
Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we’re not just about moving people – we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need.
Head Marketing Analytics will be responsible for making sure we are maximizing growth in this incredibly complex, geographically segmented, 2-sided market. You will offer a strong marketing-driven data perspective while working closely with design, product and engineering. You will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
This role is especially critical as we increasingly move into high scale, high leverage, harder to measure marketing channels (like TV), which require sophisticated analytical methodologies to properly quantify interactive effects, cannibalization, and incrementally.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision making.
- Ensure that we are properly understanding the value of all of our marketing channels – on both drivers and riders… for acquisition and engagement.
- Work with data engineering to drive development of analytical tools and dashboards, and finance to assure alignment of budgets and goals.
- Be a key driver of marketing strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand long term implications of actions.
- Ensure the design and Implementation of tests will provide desired insights
- Build a world class analytics team
- 15+ years of experience in a business (not academic) environment.
- PhD or MSc in a relevant field such as statistics, mathematics, or physics.
- Extensive experience attracting, managing, and growing high-performing teams.
- Ability to communicate complex results to all types of functions and levels within the organization – and a love for fighting for what is right.
- Comfort in bringing analytical tools to real business situations… the data is messy, inputs are different, and there are lots of city specific exemption. You should love this!
- Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team.
- Experience extracting insights using advanced analytical SQL, Python data tools such as pandas and scikit-learn, R and Spark.
- Advanced SQL skills for data extraction, manipulation and insights analysis.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and statistics, this includes experimental design for optimization and predictive analytics techniques: supervised (regression and classification, ensemble methods) and unsupervised learning (dimensionality reduction, clustering), reinforcement learning (bandit algorithms), Bayesian statistics, graphical models and deep learning.
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to manipulate large data using distributed data warehouse systems like Vertica and Hive.
- Experience visualizing data, with tools such as Tableau and Periscope
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top