Head of India Workplace
Do you live and breathe facilities management from inception through operations? Are you constantly looking for ways of streamlining processes and doing more with less? Do you love diving into the details? If you answered yes to all of the above, this may be the opportunity that you've been waiting for! Uber is booming unlike any other company and the we are looking for someone to lead our growing Workplace team in India and Sri Lanka. This position will report to the Head of APAC Facilities, based in Singapore.
What you'll do!
- Be the point person for all Workplace related activities across India. You will make sure that all offices in your assigned region are built on time and under budget, operate effectively, and help make people more effective.
- Manage 15+ FTEs and Full-time contractors in building and managing all Uber employee and driver offices across India. From a 3 person driver onboarding site to a 2,000 person Engineering site, your team is responsible for the daily operations and expansion of all offices.
- Work with rest of the Global Workplace team to ensure that policies and processes help India grow as well as help all employees feel connected and part of the same company. Think Globally, Manage Regionally, and Execute Locally.
- Be part of the team that improves employee office productivity.
- Act as a liaison between landlord's operational teams and Uber
- Lead all Indian vendor relationship includes janitorial, reception & maintenance functions.
- Lead the workplace budget for all offices across India and Sri Lanka.
- Partner with food program managers for assigned offices.
- Work as part of the APAC team in evaluating Real Estate options and support the real estate negotiation process.
- Oversee the helpdesk function for Workplace.
- Partner with the Global Security Team to ensure office safety in all offices.
What you'll need!
- 15+ years of experience in running multiple sites.
- Experience in leading employees in maintaining buildings and systems.
- The ability to simultaneously manage more than ten projects.
- Experience in managing owned and leased properties.
- A service oriented, hands-on leader. This is a role where you'll help make people more effective and be the Subject Matter Authority in all Workplace related matters.
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner.
- A passion for Uber!
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top