Head of Greenlight Operations
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, providing amazing support within our community — across Riders, Driver partners, Eaters and delivery drivers - is at the core of the Uber user experience. We're obsessed with providing the highest quality service in the smartest, most efficient way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to improve and scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a talented and experienced leader to lead our network of Greenlight Hubs - our in-person driver partner on-boarding and support locations, where we help new and existing Uber drivers get on the road for the first time and build engagement for our growing driver partner community. This role involves leading a team of Greenlight Hub Managers and their respective teams of Uber Experts across Australia and New Zealand, plus a small regional team. You'll be responsible for continually optimising Greenlight operations whilst ensuring thousands of driver partners enjoy an experience that reflects the Uber brand.
Who you are
- An authentic leader & effective manager. You are passionate about leading and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the right tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to driver partners in person, or explaining recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to global stakeholders.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of new and existing driver partners. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber and are obsessed with the community experience.
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising in-person support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and implementing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- A great problem solver. You embrace challenges, and love to generate solutions - whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more sustainable, long-term process changes - you can design the right solution for the right environment, and have the diligence to follow through, win stakeholder buy-in, and deliver the desired outcomes.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of GL hub managers covering several sites across Australia and New Zealand to deliver on customer experience and transform GL Hub operations
- Lead the strategic vision and financial performance of GL hubs across Australia and New Zealand
- Be a passionate advocate for driver partners and positively influence how we interact with them and resolve issues.
- Work with internal stakeholders, be it local teams to improve how we move cities in Australia and New Zealand, regional teams to improve the impact of marketing and partnership initiatives, and global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience.
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's driver partners and provide actionable insight to the rest of the company that directly impacts how the Uber app works.
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with proven ability to effectively lead & manage a large team, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and manage through challenging managerial situations.
- Prior professional experience in optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management
- Highly developed business judgement and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in high-volume or very fast-paced environment
- Site management or regional leadership of retail-like operations or sites operating across several geographies
- Experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top