Head of Global Safety Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Safety is a critical issue that resonates everywhere Uber operates. It's crucial for our users, our business, and our brand. In this role, you will lead our global Safety Operations efforts to ensure that Uber's regional processes and products set the global standard for transport safety and transparency.
As the Head of Global Safety Operations, you will build strong relationships with Product and Operations leadership around the world. You and your organization will work with these two key orgs and will be accountable for driving safety incident reduction, guiding business priorities to create safer experiences for our users, and building public trust in the safety of our platform. With your leadership, Safety Operations will drive key strategic programs including Safety Experience and Building Trust.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Forge deep connections with Operations teams by partnering closely with RGMs, Heads of Regional Operations, as well as Heads of Regional Marketing, Safety Comms, Policy, Comm Ops and Compliance
- Advocate for global Safety needs while being the voice of Safety in cross-functional strategy discussions between Operations, Product, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- Leverage local insights and global best practices to create Uber's safety roadmap across the company and guide various teams through its implementation
- Drive centralization across Safety systems, processes, and tech in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness of safety programs
- Establish a culture of "safety first" and "doing the right thing" within Uber Operations, even when not popular, by setting the right tone from the top
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 years of experience excelling in a Product and/or Operations role
- Experience managing cross-functional teams across multiple regions
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to implementation/speed
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision AND get things done
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Experience working on global initiatives
- Experience addressing safety-related issues
About the Team
As Uber continues expanding to hundreds of cities around the world, our safety team is striving to make Uber the safest transportation alternative on the road. Join us in making this critical mission a reality.
Back to top