Head of Finance - Xchange Leasing
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange Leasing, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber dedicated to offering tailored, flexible financing options to current and prospective rideshare drivers. Xchange has been in operation for 18 months and has grown rapidly. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our drivers world-class credit solutions, and are and will continue to expand at a triple digit rate over the coming years. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
Given Xchange’s growth, the size of the vehicle portfolio currently managed, and the complexity of the business we are seeking a senior leader to help our finance team and overall business continue to scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own the reporting, audit requirements, covenant monitoring, and relationships associated with Xchange’s current $1B credit facility
- Close additional funding sources as needed, including the potential for securitization of assets or lease streams
- Set a clear org structure for your team and recruit great talent to fill it
- Own the creation and readout of Xchange’s financial results to management, to Uber, and to the Xchange board
- Own Xchange’s financial forecasting process
- Own the accounting, treasury, tax, and AP/AR functions for Xchange Leasing
- Ensure Xchange is prepared for all relevant audits
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- A clear vision for how to structure a high-performing finance organization and the motivation to build it
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
- The care and attention to detail necessary to prepare accurate financial statements and to work with auditors
- The mindset of a self-starter – you make things happen
- Must be articulate and business savvy, able to work across the business and across different levels
- Willing to get into the weeds and make sure the numbers are right
- Inquisitive, asks good questions, seeks the truth
- 12+ years of experience, of which:
- 7+ years in BU-CFO, corporate FP&A, accounting, or similar roles
- Some investment banking experience preferred
- Experience raising capital, ideally debt capital, and working with investors
- Experience building and managing large teams; managing managers
- Some experience in consumer finance and especially leasing preferred
- A working knowledge of the accounting and tax concepts for lease programs necessary
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product. you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and. reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered lunch and free snacks and drinks
- 401(k) plan, gym & cell phone reimbursement, nine company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top