Head of Finance - India
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Head of Finance will join the Leadership team in India. In this role, you will be a strategic, financial, and operational thought partner to the Regional General Manager and the rest of the regional management team including the Strategy & Planning team as well as city General Managers. You will have the critical role of integrating regional operations with the backbone finance and accounting systems and teams being built at HQ, surfacing regional priorities and partnering with HQ teams to deliver the solutions our regional and city teams need.
You will help scale the regional team as our business continues to grow exponentially, and you will be tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth of both top and bottom line. You will help drive forecasting, planning initiatives, running with them to improve our business. In this role you will also mentor and develop team members, helping create a world-class team that goes deeper than just about anyone else in order to drive big results.
So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of problems and opportunities and if you've got excellent finance skills, experience, passion, and a team-first mentality - read on and get in touch! The right person for this role has an entrepreneurial spirit, takes ownership and seizes opportunities, and can handle the ever changing environment of a startup with a charisma that is consistent with the Uber brand.
What you'll do
- Be the strategic business partner to Regional General Manager and other stakeholders
- Ensure effective financial management of the business: responsible for performing all financial tasks and oversight necessary to achieve the region's mission and help execute growth plans
- Participate as a member of the regional management team to ensure sound, data-driven decisions
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the region including profit and loss reports, and monitoring of regional and cash flow budgets
- Manage and oversee various relationships with HQ financial partners, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic Pricing & Planning, Accounting, Financial Operations, and Financial Applications
- Participate in developing new products and markets by assisting in identifying new opportunities and managing all aspects of financial assessment including ROI, IRR, and cash flow analysis
- Help designate and drive prioritization of the region's major initiatives, driving them from start to finish
- Business partnering - work together with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision-making
- Region and City P&L planning - you will be primary point of contact for all things finance for the region cities (including forecasting, goal setting, modeling support)
- Help us scale efficiently - we'll always move fast, but evolving our planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems - (Hyperion, Adaptive, etc.)
What you'll need
- BS/BA in a quantitative field with excellent academic record
- Significant functional expertise, and credible leadership experience, playing both operational and strategic roles in the finance arena. Investment banking or private equity experience a plus
- Deep background and experience in A/R, A/P, Accounting, FP&A, Tax and Procurement
- People leadership experience - hiring, mentoring, building, and developing a team
- Ability to own and complete multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Go getter attitude - resourcefulness and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast and deliver results because of our tenacity and passion
- Go deep - this role is not about going an inch deep and a mile wide; we work on complex problems and dabbling will not cut it - we expect someone who enjoys going deep on issues
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we're creating aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Top-notch communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people and relationships. Relationship building, interpersonal skills and excellent communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top